I’ve been saying it for years… “Politics is changing.”
From the way candidate’s campaign to the way people vote – politics is changing.
Florida has embraced these changes, and over the years has developed a very robust elections process that accommodates voting-by-mail, early voting and day-of voting. It’s because of this great access that Floridians have to early voting that has actually made it more expensive for candidates to campaign, and it makes polling and predicting races much more complex.
The Florida Chamber’s Political Program is on top of this ever-changing political climate. And every day, we analyze who is voting and how they are voting.
We know this is the time of year when Florida’s business community needs the latest in-depth analysis. That’s why the Florida Chamber has developed a robust, interactive digital tool – the Early Voting Dashboard – providing you access to the latest in early voting activities.
The Early Voting Dashboard features daily updates of absentee and early voting performance for:
- House and Senate races
- Congressional District races
- County-by-county voting, and
- Statewide voting
Today, the Early Voting Dashboard shows that:
- 263,320 vote-by-mail ballots have been returned. That’s up almost 14,000 since Saturday.
- The current statewide vote-by-mail ballot return rate stands at 10.3 percent, while return rate among Democrats is 9.5 percent – nearly 3 points behind the 12.3 percent Republican return rate.
- Return rates in Lee, Collier, Sarasota and Volusia are now at or above 20 percent for Republicans.
How You Can Help
Given the changing state of politics, this resource will help cut through the clutter and provide you the information Florida’s business community has said is important. CLICK the image below to engage the Early Voting Dashboard.
If you see opportunities in which we can improve on this, please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.